1/20/06

Karmic justice at the Aussie open and Brain has a sex ???

I am in need of some serious therapy time for many reasons so I will blog till I drop just in time before the week-end starts.
Let's recap, I mention earlier that I entered a contest about predicting the results of the Australian Open in tennis (link is on the right). The premise of the contest wa simple: pick a winner everyday from the men side and the women side but beware that one you pick that player, you cannot use her/him anymore for the rest of the tournament. About a 100 people got in and the tournament started. I was doing fine, still alive after day 5 in both tournaments when only 19 contestants were still alive. I was feeling giddy so I tought I would be smart and make safe picks from now on ( my earlier pick were studs such as Bedrych or Schiavone .. what is it with men and gambling anyway ???? more on that later ). Well I struggled with my picks and went against my gut feeling by picking Gaudio against Santoro and Serena instead of my original pick Ruano Pascal. Here is my reaction on the forum after the results:

Men tournament
I seriously need a drink. I picked a player I did not care for (Gaudio) to beat the player I enjoy the most ( Santoro) and ...lost !!!!!! ARGHHHHHH !!!! That is karmic justice at its best. Thank you suicide poll for lasting trauma filled with secong guessing and betrayal.... as intro to this game, I could have used a less agonizing exit. Well it was fun anyway, good luck to the rest of the field

Women's tournament
Unbelievable !!!!! I just learned that I am also out of the women pool. I first picked Ruano Pascal and chicken out at the last minute to beg Moose to let me pick Serena instead. Of course, Ruano Pascal is in, Serena out. I would not be surprised to see Santoro and Pascal paling mixte double with matching shirts that say: "LRAK, YOU SUCK"
I will now take a warm bath in a radioactive HCL filled bathtub !!!!!!

O rage, O Despair, O vieillesse ennemie

I realize two things: 1) I need to reevaluate my priorities in life if I feel so strongly about a stupid tennis guessing tournament. 2) I doubt I would even play this game if I were a woman.
I then learned from this pychological test that the brain has a gender and decide to test whether there is a match btw my brain gender and my social gender :-).
Well, turns out gambling is a predominant male thing to do ( big surprise there ! )

More on the gender differences with: the men's rule that women should know ( from funny2.com)

Women, learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.
Birthdays, Valentines, and Anniversaries are not considered by us to be opportunities to see if we can find the perfect present . . . . again!
Sometimes we are not thinking about you. Live with it.
Sunday = sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.
Ask for what you want. Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just say it!
We don't remember dates. . . .Period!!
Most guys own three pairs of shoes - tops. What makes you think we'd be any good at choosing which pair, out of thirty, would look good with your dress?
Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.
Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.
A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor.
Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days.
Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days.
If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys.
If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.
Let us ogle. We are going to look anyway; it's genetic.
You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.
Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.
Christopher Columbus did not need directions, and neither do we.
The relationship is never going to be like it was the first two months we were going out. Get over it. And quit whining to your girlfriends.
ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.
If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.
Thank you for reading this; Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight, but did you know, it's like camping.




I love the part about sleeping on the couch :-) Again, I did not write those rules

To send you off on a good note for the week-end, here is a joke that kept me laughing as I was falling asleep :

A patient says, "Doctor, last night I made a Freudian slip. I was having dinner with my mother-in-law and wanted to say: 'Could you please pass the butter?' But instead I said: 'You silly cow, you have completely ruined my life.'"


Have a great week-end

No comments:

Post a Comment