1/26/06

Kofi Annan Swan Song, 0scar season, and memorable movie quotes !!!!

It looks like Kofi Annan 's time at the head of the UN will soon come to an end. Well, although many might disagree ( oil-for-food disaster, his son's legal issue...), I think he did a tremendous under such pressure and scrutiny. He held ground when the US undermined his authority but he always handled himself with class and dignity. Happy Trails Kofi, you did your people proud !!!

It is the academy award season again with its usual fashion statement, cow-boy controversies, political faux-pas and neverending speech (uuuugh).

So without further ado, here are my personal most memorable moments and quotes from the movies: Don't expect any of this to be oscar material though, it's my list with my own inexplicable reasons :-):

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius: commander of the armies of the North, general of the Felix legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

Are you not entertained? ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?! Is this not why you are here?






The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill sheaperds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with GREAT veangence and FURIOUS anger, those who attempt to POISON and DESTROY my brothers, and YOU WILL KNOW MY NAME IS THE LORD, WHEN I LAY MY VENGEANCE UPON THEE!!!


Shawshank Redemption:

Andy Dufresnes....the only man i know who crawled through 500 yards of shit and came out clean on the other side.

I have no idea to this day what those two Italian ladies were singing about. Truth is, I don't want to know. Some things are better left unsaid. I'd like to think they were singing about something so beautiful it can't expressed in words, and it makes your heart ache because of it. I tell you, those voices soared higher and farther than anybody in a grey place dares to dream. It was as if some beautiful bird had flapped into our drab little cage and made these walls dissolve away, and for the briefest of moments, every last man in Shawshank felt free.


Sam: The truth is, actually, I'm in love. Daniel: Aren't you a bit young to be in love? Sam: No. Daniel: Ohhh, ok, I, well, I'm a little relieved. Sam: Why? Daniel: Because I thought it would be something worse. Sam: Worse than the total agony of being in love?! Daniel: Umm, no, your right. Total agony.

love that word 'relationship'. Covers all manner of sins, doesn't it? I fear that this has become a bad relationship. A relationship based on the President taking what he wants and casually ignoring all those things that really matter to, erm... Britain. We may be a small country but we're a great one, too. The country of Shakespeare, Churchill, the Beatles, Sean Connery, Harry Potter. David Beckham's right foot. David Beckham's left foot, come to that. And a friend who bullies us is no longer a friend. And since bullies only respond to strength, from now onward, I will be prepared to be much stronger. And the President should be prepared for that.

When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know, none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love.

I am Colin. God of Sex. I'm just on the wrong continent, that's all

have a good week, remember , you just might be on the wrong continent !

No comments:

Post a Comment