3/31/06

My hips don't lie ! ( but someone did)

You surely have heard the incredibly catchy new Shakira song: "hips don't lie".You know: the one that goes:
" I'm on tonight
You know my hips don't lie
And I'm starting to feel it's right
All the attraction, the tension
Don't you see baby, this is perfection "
You can thank me later when you have that tune stuck on "repeat" in your head and you feel the need to shake your hips in front of your co-workers.
As usual with a song written with Wyclef Jean of the Fugees, the lyrics are beyond pathetic which is either funny or annoying depending on your current mood. The dance moves are....well ....defying the basic principles of physics and anatomy (you can see it for yourself here. )
Let me tell you though: Shakira has got nothing on my cat Cleo. The thing is, poor Cleo is....in heat. ( I wish there were other ways to say this )I never had a non-neutered female cat before, so I was confused and a bit worried when she started acting strange and meowing all night. The fascinating part was that she started to crawl on the carpet as if her hindlimbs were stuck while still managing to sway her hips like a sailing boat in the "50eme rugissant". Fascinating feat, I kid you not. Cleo was in obvious discomfort so she is getting spayed as we speak. I hope she is fine because she is one sweet cat whose "hips don't lie". (understatement of the day !)

In a related story, in order to show support for her under-attack husband and appeal to the young demographic, the first wife Laura Bush offered to sing an altered version of Shakira's song to tell her version of the "Weapon of Mass Destruction" fiasco in Iraq.
Sadly, the potential megahit: "My Bush don't lie" did not meet the approval of the White House nor the church.
It seems that some advisors of the president know what they are doing after all, although I maintain that Mrs President could "rock the vote" if she was allowed to. I am sadden by the "what could have been " with that song.



Tags: ,

4 comments:

  1. good stuff lova you're on a roll

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:31 PM

    I just got it ! lol a bit raunchy though

    ReplyDelete
  3. > thanx mos, its the week-end, im a bit tired so the mind wanders in weird places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:22 PM

    Hahaha a very funny post!

    ReplyDelete