Happy trails 2006 ! The dwarf hippo wishes everyone the "very very best" for 2007 :).
It is tradition to sing "Auld Lang Syne" for new year around here. So, karaoke anyone ?
As it is becoming a trend in this space and in the name of "globalization" :), here are the french lyrics to "auld lang syne":
"Faut-il nous quitter sans espoir
Sans espoir de retour ?
Ce n'est qu'un au revoir, mes frères,
Ce n'est qu'un au revoir."
I think the malagasy one starts like this "Raha hifandao isika izao,..." but for the life of me, I cannot remember the rest of the song. But I am sure someone else can :).
Hjk tagged me with "the 5 things you did not know about me" so here are my 5 secrets: (but don't tell anyone else or I will haunt you like only a "mpakafo" can :) )
1) I started to walk very late, so late that my my family started to worry about my development. My uncle even gave a nickname that shall not be revealed but was in reference to my oversized behind, the one reason he thought I did not stand up straight yet. That nickname is still used sometimes (to my great sorrow and even though my behind is now of proper size) but I am not ready to reveal it just yet :)
2) My right hand is totally useless. I could not write one word to save my life with my right hand. Being a lefty comes handy to surprise people at tennis and basketball though. You are also pegged for dealing with the devil when you are a lefty but that is just a small encumbrance :).
3) I stole a "playmobil" toy from a shopping mall when I was 8. Unfortunately my mum found out about it and returned my "precious". My career as Arsene Lupin, gentleman thief, was smashed form the start.
4) In "4eme", (10th grade ?) I gave the answers to an English test to 5 of my classmates by throwing a piece of paper across the classroom. Apologies to Mme Pain but I needed my classmates to not be in detention for "interclasse" tournament later.
5) I can still sing "Bouba, mon petit ourson" by heart.
May 2007 bring all of you joy and memories. I tag Mosi, Tattum, GB's, JoGany and Rotsy for the next 5 secrets.