7/17/08

Voltaire: "I do not agree with what you have to say...

... but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"
(as seen on campus during Obama's visit)
I am shaking my head, speechless and having a hard time living up to Voltaire's words. I am glad that the Obama detractors can voice their frustrations at will, but I sure won't defend to the death any of this nonsense.
I am inclined to believe that anyone who can trigger such ludicrous reactions from their detractors is probably doing something right.
Fighting the politics of fear is always tricky, some like to (The New Yorker) use sarcasm, others try to engage in constructive conversation.
Since Sarcasm has never been forte, I thought I'd join this kind of initiative instead:
Lova Hussein Rakotomalala it is.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. Like you need a longer name, though!

    -Jillian Hussein York ;)


    Seriously, I wish that had been my idea. We should get t-shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ taamar,

    speaking of shirts, has yours arrived yet? :)

    ReplyDelete