5/25/08

ls ont dit / what they really meant: (2nd take)

2nd installment of "what people really meant":
====
HRC, May 23rd, 08.

"My husband did not wrap up the nomination in 1992 until he won the California primary somewhere in the middle of June, right? We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California. I don't understand it,"
What Hillary meant:

"Look, I am a savvy, tough politician but I am also tired as heck. That was an inadvertent slip of the only way left I could win the nomination. Of course, I did not wish for such a thing to happen to Sen. Obama. See, they way I see it, the small margin b/w him and me is the only thing standing in the way of me ruling from the oval office. No way McCain can beat me, after 8 years of calamitous Bush regime ? No F..way. I worked so hard for all this ! So, I am all in, legacy and democratic party be damned."
====
George W. Bush, May 12, 2008.

"I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office."
What he meant: Oh sorry, that's exactly what he meant.
======
Liz Trotta, May 23 2008:

"and now we have what some are reading—as a suggestion that somebody knock off Osama , umm, ah… Obama, well both if we could…haha…"
What she meant:...Oh sorry, that's exactly what she meant.
========
Nicolas Sarkozy, April 30 2008:

"Vous avez une main d'œuvre qui ne demande qu'à être formée, nous avons beaucoup d'intelligence et beaucoup de formation"


Ce qu'il voulait dire: " Ben oui, la main d'oeuvre Tunisienne est excellente... C'est un peu condescendant et nostalgique de la colonisation, vous dites ? Mais non, enfin! La preuve: j'ai Rachida et Rama au gouvernement.... "

No comments:

Post a Comment